Thermal insulation paint IsomaxTERM is a heat-reflecting, decorative, water-based coating, that gives protection against mould and condensation.
The key is the the special micro-spheres in the paint, which reflect 85% of the infrared rays and thus the coating greatly improves the thermal insulation properties of the treated surfaces.In its work texture, packaging, manner of application and decorative qualities, IsomaxTERM is analogous to the high quality acrylic paints.
The product is white aqueous solution of acrylic resin, special polymer micro-spheres, inorganic pigments and fillers. It can be colored with colorants for common acrylic paints, after test for compatibility. IsomaxTERM is to be applied as top coating outdoors and indoors. After drying is formed a coating with smooth surface and velvet-like touch feeling.
With SRI = 112.6%, IsomaxTERM prevents heat absorption by the buildings, which cools with 8-10ºC not only the buildings, but also the surrounding area. This is known as “the island effect”, which explains why the temperature in cities is higher than the temperature of the rural areas. You see London in this perspective on the picture.
- Indoor thermal insulation and decorative paint for walls and ceilings of residential, public, industrial buildings, warehouses, etc.
- Outdoor thermal insulation for facades and sloped roofs of any kind. Energy saving outdoor coating for hotels, large buildings with central cooling system or air-conditioned warehouses.
- Thermal insulation and anti-corrosion coating for metal roofs, metal constructions, buses and campers.
- Waterproof and elastic paint for repair of cracked/aged/damaged facades.
To remove existing mould locally, the affected surfaces should be treated with appropriate products for mould cleaning. Then apply IsomaxTERM over area that should be at least 50 cm wider in all directions. To prevent the occurrence of condensation, which is the needed environment for growth of mould, it is recommended to apply IsomaxTERM onto the internal surfaces of all exterior walls and ceilings, as well as a binding strip at least 50 cm in the angles between exterior walls and interior walls and ceiling. In order to achieve maximum energy saving effect and to have maximum comfort, the heat-reflecting paint should be applied as a finishing coating on all interior walls and ceilings.
Preparation of material
1. Carefully open the lid and by means of a spatula or a trowel thoroughly separate the material from the walls of the bucket.
2. Mix with an electric mixer (stirrer) at medium speed (200-300 rpm/min) until complete liquefaction.
3. If necessary, for easier spreading with roller, the material may be diluted with water up to 3% (30 ml water per 1 liter IsomaxTERM).
Manner of use of IsomaxTERM
IsomaxTERM is applied onto cement, gypsum, lime surfaces, painted walls and ceilings, well-bonded wallpaper, etc. The basis for the coating must be sound, dry, clean and smooth. To prevent overrun of material it is recommended the surfaces to be primed with IsomaxTERM-primer at rate of about 50 g/m2.
Onto preliminary primed and dry surfaces, apply a layer of IsomaxTERM with paint brush or roller with polyamide fibres (fibre length of 10-13 mm).
Consumption for one layer: 0.130-0.140 litres per 1 sq.m (65-70 g/m2).
Application by brush is recommended for small areas – up to 5 m2. Before using the roller or the brush, it must be moistened with water.
Caution: On larger areas, before starting to paint with the roller and between each layer, all edges and corners of the room should be painted using a brush! When applying with roller, it is recommended to use two trays – one for the paint and one for water. The roller must be moistened with water before use and must be moistened again regularly during use, because IsomaxTERM contains small amount of water and this causes the fibres of the roller to stick together. Always stir IsomaxTERM thoroughly before pouring off into the tray.
The roller should always be well and evenly soaked with material in order to move without pressure on the surface and the material to spread quickly without repeating one and the same place. Basically, under well soaked roller, two / three passes in both directions is enough to form the required layer of IsomaxTERM. After the complete drying of the first layer (about 2h at 23°C), further two layers shall be applied in the same manner.
IsomaxTERM can be also applied through spraying, with equipment with air-compression .
Solar Reflectance (SR) ASTM E 903-12 = 89.20%
Infrared Emittance (IE) ASTM C 1371-15 = 84.70%
Solar Reflectance Index (SRI) ASTM E 1980-11 = 112.6%
Thermal conductivity λ = 0.035 ± 0.005 W/m.K
IsomaxTERM is certified through SRI tests in ЕЕLab, (Energy Efficiency Laboratory), University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy, Test no. ЕTR-16-0027 /2016
- Density – 0.55±0.05 g/cm3
- Viscosity – 1000 – 3000 mPa.s
- рН – 7.0 ± 0.5 (neutral)
- Drying time at 23°С – 2 h for 1 layer;
- 12 h – Complete drying
- Appearance of film (visual) – flat to slight relief
- Class for reaction to fire: Bs1d0 according to EN 13501-1
- Adhesion – 1.50 N/mm2
- Good resistance to wet abrasion and washing – class 3
- according to ЕN ISO 11998
- Brilliance of the film – completely opaque, according to ЕN ISO 2813
- Coefficient of permeability – 0.01 kg/m2. h0.5
- Transfer coefficient of water vapor V= 120 g/m2.d
- Number of diffusion resistance to water vapor μ = 50
- Heat penetration factor β = 1.58 W.h0.5/m2.K
- VOC free
- IsomaxTERM can be tinted with common colour agents for latex paints.
Total consumption of material for 1 sq.m – 0.400 litres (0.200 kg).
The minimum thickness of the final dry coating should be 0.3 – 0.4 mm.
Place the lid back tightly onto the packaging of use until the entire quantity of material is spent!
Always stir before use!
Air and surface temperature: 5° C to 25° C.
Warning: Keep from freezing to complete drying of the coating!
Cleaning of tools
Wash the used tools with water before they dry.
Plastic buckets of 2, 5 and 10 litres.
Keep from freezing! Store in the original, tightly closed containers in a covered and dry warehouses, away from direct sunlight and heating appliances!
Keep out of reach of children!
24 months from date of manufacture in factory sealed package.